renewed.

Looking back at these past 6 months, I can honestly say 2017 has been about restoration, renewing and restoring who I am and the woman I desire to be. I’ve asked God for patience, guidance, strength and to give me clarity when it comes to the unknowns in life and I must say everyday I can feel myself reaching higher and dreaming bigger. I’ve invested so many days, weeks, months and years into cultivating a brand I’ll be proud of in the long run. I think it’s amazing how one day you can be talking about the amazing things you want to do + change within your community, but actually executing that exact plan is such an amazing + humbling feeling.

Sometimes I feel a little overwhelmed by the amount of love, support and emails I receive on a day to day basis from women I’ve inspired, motivated and encouraged. I’ve always knew I had a soul that can help + heal those around me. I guess I’m just so happy about how the things I prayed for, manifested themselves. God seen something in me that at one point in life, I didn’t see within myself. I would literally tear my own self down with negative thinking and not feeling as though I’m good enough to be successful or whatever the case might be! You know when they say you block your own blessings, by being in your own way!

Self-confidence is major key, when you don’t think highly of yourself + craft, you tend to allow any little thing steer you away from your dreams + goals. Which isn’t okay, you should be proud of yourself, vision and most importantly craft! You were put onto this world to make a difference, & everyday you sit in your house wishing you could do the things you desire to do, you make yourself even more madder. You might start to get jealous of others for chasing their dreams, & wishing that was you! When in reality, that could be you if you lose self-doubt and the thoughts of worrying about what other people think.

Sometimes you have to sit back and re-evaluate who you are and what it is you want to be or become in life. You have to understand that you’re responsible for the way you treat yourself and how it’s affecting your life right now. Often times we are the ones that’s really bringing us down, but we end up blaming others saying they’re the ones that’s keeping us from prospering. When everything is all said and done, guess who has to go and pick up those shattered pieces? Not them, but YOU!

I’m just grateful God instilled the importance of self-control and discipline into my life this past year. People don’t understand the importance of these two essential tools we need in our lives. With self-control you understand the importance of preserving when you’re hit with difficulties in life. With self-discipline you understand the importance of controlling yourself, actions and the things you decide to react too. I just want you to be mindful of the things you entertain and allow you to steer away from your God giving gift, stay focused and don’t allow negativity to get the best of you! ❤

Advertisements

10 Comments Add yours

1. Stacey says:

No one can hold you back from your opportunities except you and it took me awhile to understand that because at times I blame others for not chasing my dreams but, in reality it’s my fault cause I’m holding myself back and I always ask myself why am I doing that to myself. Wasting time and energy on things that don’t need to be wasted . I’m glad to see that 2017 has become nothing but blessings on top of blessings… Great post sis and you deserve all the love and support…..

Xoxo,

Stacey💞

Liked by 1 person

1. Takeia. says:

Thank you so much, sis! ❤

2. That feeling of seeing your dreams come into fruition is amazing! Then to have people actually say they were blessed or encouraged by it?!? I get emotional thinking about it everytime. 2017 is our year to shine the light that God has given us. Shine bright sis ❤

Liked by 1 person

1. Takeia. says:

Yes indeed, sis! Everything you just said is about to happen in each of our lives, it’s time! ❤

Liked by 1 person

3. Riss says:

This was so amazing! Some of these exact things have been the very exact reasons why I have slowed down on my own blog progress. It’s awesome that you have grabbed hold to who you are and walking in your purpose. Thanks for the inspiration. And keep being great!
    -Riss💕

Liked by 1 person

1. Takeia. says:

4. Sister! This post low key made me tear up. When I read the part that said “God seen something in me that at one point in life, I didn’t see within myself”

It made my eyes get watery because it brought me back to the times God was good to me when I felt worthless. What you’re doing is legendary! And I’m so thrilled that I can watch you grow as the women you are today. Love you beautiful! 💕

Liked by 1 person

1. Takeia. says:

Thank you so much, sis! I appreciate you and your beautiful soul! I’ve struggled for years with knowing my worth when it comes to my craft and feeling good enough! It’s been a journey, but God has definitely made a way for me these past 2 years! ❤

5. I can definitely agree with you, “2017 has been about restoration, renewing and restoring who I am and the woman I desire to be.” I am excited to see what God has in store for you Takeia.
    Cheers love!!!

Liked by 1 person

1. Takeia. says:

Thank you so much, Widny! & I can’t wait to see what God has in store for you as well, I look forward to collaborating with you! ❤